This page defines the various terms that we will use across this guide when talking about Questions. Take a look at the below example Visualization:
Here, we are using a question
TOTAL SALES, TOTAL PROFIT ACROSS MONTHS IN 2017 to track the changes in the
PROFIT across different months of the year 2017. Here are the different components in this Question:
- Fields :
- Measures :
- Dimensions :
- Filters :
- Keywords :
The definitions for these components are given below:
- A Display Name or Field Name configured in the Data Model.
- In general, they are the column-headers from the Data.
- A measure for quantitatively assessing a Field.
- See Types of Measures to learn more.
- A Field or a Data-attribute along which Data-points (rows) can be grouped or filtered.
- Examples: Fields like STATE, DEPARTMENT, … Data-attributes like YEARS, DAYS etc.
- See Grouping by Dimensions to learn more.
- As the name suggests, Filters are used to filter the Data-points.
- See Applying Filters to learn more.
- A word or an identifier which has a particular meaning in Vizard's Question-language.
- Use the Manage Custom Keywords button in the App Settings to set up your own identifiers for these Keywords.