The Data Model interface is shown below. You can access it from the Data section of the App-configuration interface.
The App needs to be published before you can start exploring the Data. After setting up your Data Sources, you should verify the resultant Data Model and publish the App by clicking the
Publish App button in the top-right corner.
Before publishing the App, make sure that the below settings are configured correctly:
- Table Relations
- Primary Keys in all Tables
- Timestamp Field
The different sections in the Data Model interface are described below:
The Tables interface is shown below:
- Use the
Export Schemabutton to export a Table's schema as a file. The exported schema can be re-used in a different App by using the
Upload a Schemabutton to populate the table configuration.
- The Primary Keys determine how duplicate data is handled. See Upload actions for more details.
- The Data Type determines how the Field's data is stored in Vizard.
- The Data Class determines how the Field's data is displayed in Dashboards.
- The Display Names are additional aliases that can be used when asking questions about a Field.
The Relations interface is shown below:
- In the top pane, the Relations are indicated as an ER Diagram (Entity-Relationships Diagram).
- In the bottom pane, you can add/update/remove Relations.
- You can use the
Auto Detect Relationsbutton from the top pane to automatically identify Relations between tables but please note that the detected Relations may not be completely accurate.
- You can use the
Export Relationsbutton to export the Relations as a file so that it can be re-used in a different App by using the
The General Settings interface is shown here. The different properties in the interface are explained below:
- Timestamp Field: The default Time Field for the App.
- Data Time-Zone: Time-Zone using which the Data is recorded.
- Financial Year starts with: Starting month of the Financial Year.
- Week starts with: Starting day of the Week.
- Display Time-Zone: Time-Zone relative to which the Data is displayed.
- Currency: Currency symbol displayed against the currency Data.
- Conversion Scheme: The unit-conversion scheme applied when displaying Number Data.